If you still haven’t gotten around to making your New Year’s goals done… today, Arpita Boyd has got something that will help you to make them a reality!
It’s a checklist to stay on-track, no matter what goals you’re working toward.
Let’s jump right into it:
1. FOCUS & DECIDE: Instead of choosing several goals to work on all at the same time, harness all that energy and focus it toward just 1-2 main goals.
2. Pick the goal with your BIGGEST WHY: This is the goal that you emotionally connect with and have a STRONG REASON for choosing. (Eg: “I want to have the energy to play with my kids.” or “I want to reduce my joint pains” – they’re big reasons).
It’s your “WHY” that keeps you going, so it has to be a good one.
3. COMMIT (No, Really): Commit the right amount of resources (time, energy, $$ and attention) to make your goal a reality. Treat it like anything else that’s important in your life – because it IS!
4. MAKE A PLAN: Every Sunday, set aside 15-20 minutes to plan out your week and make sure you have what you need on-hand and ready to go.
Then, every night take 3-5 minutes to make sure you’re on track for the next day. This makes a HUGE difference! My clients take out 3-5 mins every night to check in with me, every single day, and look at their sensational weight loss results!!
5. TAKE ACTION: This is actually the MOST IMPORTANT STEP of all. You won’t reach your goals without consistent action. Do something daily that moves you closer to your goal. I cannot stress enough, the importance of CONSISTENCY. Not random bursts of motivation but consistent patterns, week after week, month after month.
6. GET SUPPORT & ACCOUNTABILITY: Tell trusted friends and family members what you’re working toward.
Or even better, work with an experienced coach (yours truly!) who will help you get (and stay) on-track.
With like-minded people in your corner, when you have a “win” or a setback, you have someone to share it with and that will help spur your motivation to keep moving forward.
7. SET DEADLINES: Don’t skip this one! Without having a specific date to shoot toward, you don’t have any URGENCY to take action.
When you feel a clock ticking down toward your goals, it will help you light a fire of motivation.
8. GIVE YOURSELF A REWARD: When you meet milestones along the way toward your goals, reward yourself with a healthy payoff! New shoes, workout gear, a book, aromatic candle, or a massage are great choices.
9. MANAGE EXPECTATIONS: Making changes and going after goals WILL take time and effort. Be patient and stay the course!
Give your plan time to work … and know that some days will be easier than others.
Just keep repeating step 5 (taking action).
10. RE-EVALUATE: Do a quick evaluation of where you’re at every 4 weeks.
Are you nailing it? (woohoo!)
Are you following the plan? How do you know you are following the plan? Are you making notes daily?
Or, are you following the plan and it’s not working?
This is where a coach like myself can make a big difference – because I have an experienced, big-picture view of your goals, am objective and can help you accelerate your results.
Remember – This is your year to shine, and we can’t wait to see you succeed!
Arpita Boyd started her career as a professional architect in Dubai in 2001. After having her 2nd baby in 2008, and losing 23kgs, she changed careers to become a fitness and weight loss expert in 2010. Since then, she has done 10,000+ coaching sessions, helped thousands of women lose weight, increase their self confidence and fit back into their favourite outfit without giving up all the foods they love, has clients in 27 countries, 16 professional qualifications in health, fitness, nutrition & yoga and has assisted some of the top athletes on the planet including Rafa Nadal & Novak Djokovic.
She can be contacted on www.mindandbodypt.com