Lavanya Vikram, Founder of Blush N Curls Ladies Salon and Spa tackles the important topic of Maskne and how to get rid of it the natural way.
Have masks caused you Acne or Pimples? What we know as Maskne is a thing these days. Are you looking for natural yet affordable remedies?
Let’s accept the fact that whether we like it or not, we get acne or pimple once in our lifetime, but if we can make small changes in our daily routine, we can contain it from spreading. These days wearing masks is an inevitable part of our lives, so let us look at ways to avoid acne while wearing masks.
Acne: When your hair follicles are plugged with oil and dead cells, acne is formed and due to excess Sebum production – whiteheads or black heads are formed and eventually lead to acne.
Reasons for Acne:
1) Hormonal imbalance and Medication– You can get acne or pimples at any age- puberty, pregnancy, post pregnancy, menopause or any hormonal imbalance etc., intake of medications which trigger hormones or which have content of corticosteroids, androgens or lithium are some of the many reasons.
2) Diet – Watch what you eat; sometimes you may be intolerant to dairy products such as milk or yogurt or carbohydrate rich food such as chips, bread, bun etc. High intake of sugar, oily, fried food could also cause acne.
3) Greasy or Oily substance – Working in a greasy, humid environment like the kitchen or using oily lotions or creams could lead to acne. Cleanse your face soon after working in the kitchen.
Homemade Natural Remedies:
1) Apple Cider Vinegar – Contains many organic acids particularly succinic acid to kill bacteria and prevent scars.
Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 4 or more parts of water, after cleansing your face apply the mixture to a cotton pad and wipe on acne. Let is sit for 10 – 20 seconds, rinse and pat dry. Repeat 1 to 2 times a day.
2) Honey and Cinnamon Mask – They both have great antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and are best for acne ridden skin. Mix 2 tbsp honey and 1 tsp cinnamon powder and form a paste. After cleansing the face, apply the mask and leave for 10 – 15 mins. Rinse, pat dry
3) Green Tea – High in antioxidants, it helps in reducing inflammation because of flavonoids and tannins. Add green tea to boiling water and let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Allow it to cool. Dip the cotton pad in the solution and apply to the infected area.
4) Exfoliate regularly as it helps in removing the top layer of dead skin cells and reduces buildup of any bacteria. It removes whiteheads and black heads. Exfoliate at least twice a week followed with a mask.
Try Natural facials done by professionals. Research about the brand and ensure your therapist is not using the blackhead pins, as the bacteria in it spreads and is not recommended as it increases the blackhead formation. That is why the usage of pins is banned in UAE salons and spas.
There are many other wonderful remedies, to know more follow my vlogs on our YouTube Channel: Blush n Curls ladies Salon & Spa.
Skin Expert, Youtuber, Founder – Blush N Curls Ladies Salon & Spa
Lavanya, comes from a background of the study of Skin Anatomy and is a Core Science lover who firmly believes in Chemical Free products and follows Natural science and remedies at BNC. She is a vlogger and has amazing videos on Youtube dedicated to Skin, Hair, Beauty and more.