All you wanted to know about the superfruit ACAI

by yogalife_user
0 comment

What does Amazon superfruit açaí taste like?

Açaí is a potent purple berry found in the Amazon rainforest. Some would say it’s the perfect food: full of nutrients, rich in antioxidants, and insanely delicious. But many curious admirers of this tiny powerhouse wonder about the taste of Açaí. So, here’s a full rundown for you.

The taste of açaí

SAMBAZON®  açaí is a superfood that tastes a little like mixed berries, dark chocolate and red wine – it’s a distinctively exotic taste. Who said healthy can’t taste and look exquisite? 

Açaí comes in many shapes and sizes, and is made to satisfy any type of taste bud. Are you a mover-and-a-shaker without a functioning blender? No problem. Try the Ready-to-Eat Açaí bowl. Are you a finnicky, I-don’t-do-breakfast kind of person? Smoothie, all the way. Or maybe you’re someone who hungers for a more creative life? Sounds like a handmade Açaí bowl is in your future. However you roll, açaí aims to please.

Makeup and taste of Açaí berries

The word “Açaí” (AH-SIGH-EE) comes from a Portuguese adaptation of the Tupian word ïwaca’i, which means, “fruit that cries.” The berry itself is made of up to 80% seed, with the other 20% of flesh and skin pack in all the vitamins and nutrients. The raw berry is actually said to taste bitter and earthy.

What else is Açaí used for?

Açaí is a staple food for most people who live alongside rivers in the Amazon region. It is valuable as a local food source and in commerce. The traditional pulp extraction process involves various steps for the separation of the edible portion, skin, and pulp, from the seed. The pulp is consumed without cooking as part of the diet of Amazon residents but is also widely used to prepare ice creams, creams, yogurts, wine and liquors.

Açai berries are wild harvested and have substantial health benefits. These include being one of the few commercially-sold fruits with virtually no naturally occurring sugar, antioxidants similar to red wine, and healthy omega fatty acids similar to olive oil. Nutritious, delicious and good for you – what more could you ask for?

Is Açaí supposed to be sweet?

The taste of Açai often depends on what you mix it with. If you blend in other sweet berrieschocolate, or honey, you will find a sweeter taste. But if you choose to go with pineapple or orange ingredient route, you’ll get a fusion of sweet and citrus. Açai is often described as slightly tart with an earthy underlying taste. It’s a very versatile fruit that pairs well with many different ingredients.

Does Açaí taste like ice cream?

When açaí is made into an açaí bowl, it can look like ice cream in texture, but the flavour is more akin to a fruity gelato. It is often like a thick smoothie. Try this version of açaí ice cream: Açaí Banana Nice Cream. Or you can try a sweet, silky indulgent sorbet: Organic Açaí Sorbet. Enjoy it as a quick scoopable açaí bowl or a healthier dessert option, both dairy-free and delicious.

What do other Fruit Smoothie Bowls Taste Like?

Are you curious what other fruit smoothie bowls taste like? There are many options when it comes to crafting a smoothie bowl, and we definitely prefer to include açaí, using SAMBAZON® frozen superfruit packets, now available in the UAE. One way to get creative with your fresh superfruit bowls is to include other delicious fruits.

Try this Strawberry Pineapple Açaí Bowl Recipe – sweet and bursting with tropical flavour. Or for a little taste of island life, a Banana & Mango Unsweetened Island Hopper Açaí Bowl Recipe packs a flavour that is rich, creamy and juicy.

The  Açaí Mango Macadamia Bowl is tangy-sweet with a velvety texture that contrasts nicely with the crunchy macadamia nuts. This Figgy Coconut Açaí Bowl Recipe is perfectly drool-worthy, with a taste of honey-like sweetness, a subtle hint of berry and undertones of vanilla. The Blueberry Cacao Açaí Protein Bowl Recipe has a bright burst of sour flavour that pairs beautifully with rich cocoa.

Whatever you like eating, it’s easy to incorporate the almost miraculous benefits of SAMBAZON® açaí into your everyday meal plans.

You may also like

Leave a Comment