Summer is just around the corner and we’re preparing for the summer holidays. Mukta Tewani, Founder, MissPalettable, gives you 5 travel skin care tips to keep your skin looking fabulous all summer.
1. Wear your sunscreen! I would probably shout this on a megaphone on a daily basis but protect your skin from the sun. If you are going to be spending time on the beach, use sunscreen with SPF 30 to 50. Our favorite Suncare brand is homegrown UAE eco-friendly Sunkiss (available on MissPalettable.com).
2. Hydrate your skin with a mist. It’s hot and a skin mist is a perfect way to cool down and hydrate your skin. Our favorite skin mist is the Lifting Mist by CLE Cosmetics. Filled with snow mushroom, an alternative to hyaluronic acid, this mist hydrates and instantly lifts and tightens your skin.
3. Pack a calming moisturizer for any heat sensitivity and burns on the skin. This is always essential for me and my kids when we are out on the beach. I always make sure to pack an after-sun calming gel that I can apply on myself and my kids. My favorite is the After Sun Replenishing Gel and the After Sun Rescue Moisturiser by Sunkiss.
4. Adding Ceramides to skin routine. When our skin is dry or damaged (lots of sun exposure), we will need to replenish our skin with ceramides that will assist in rebuilding our skin. Adding a serum with ceramides as an active ingredient is essential during the summer. My favorite is the 4% ceramide concentrate serum called Serumide by CLE Cosmetics.
5. Don’t forget your hair. Summer means your hair needs a little care too. I always prefer oiling my hair during the summer, especially before heading to the beach as it protects from the UV rays and keeps my hair healthy. My favorite hair oil is the Revive 5 Oil by Boucleme.