Curry Quinoa & Chickpeas Buddha Bowl
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ Kitchen king masala
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 onions
- 1 carrots
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 green chilly sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 pods of garlic
- Pinch of sumac
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup salad leaves
- Add ¼ tsp kitchen king masala, coriander leaves and salt to boiled quinoa and keep aside
- In a pan heat oil, add garlic and onions and saute till translucent. Add tomatoes, saute for 2-3 minutes. Add your veggies and cook till done but firm. Add chickpeas and dry spices. Stir, turn off the gas and set aside
- Take a bowl and in your mind split it three parts.
Add curried quinoa in one part, the chickpeas curry in another and your salad greens in the last.
Quinoa and zucchini risotto
- Garlic finely chopped – 2
- Onion chopped – 1 tbsp
- Quinoa (pre-boil for 7-8 mins) – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable stock- 1 cup
- Yellow and green zucchini (cut half pieces each) very small diced (brunoise)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper optional
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Feta cheese – 3 tsps (or as much as you like)
- Vegetable oil 2 tsp
- Take oil in a hot pan, sauté the onions and garlic for 2 minutes, making sure it doesn’t get any colour.
- Add the quinoa and one ladle of the stock, stirring it constantly, cooking till all the stock is used up and the quinoa is completely cooked( u might need more or less stock depending on how well your quinoa is cooked).
- Add the finely chopped zucchini, cook for another minute and finely finish it with butter and served garnished with feta cheese on top
Note- you can make this with pre boiled quinoa as well to save time.
Tri-colour Quinoa bake
Quinoa- boiled- 400 gm
Pineapple chopped- 100-120 gm
Boiled Broccoli purée (with very little water same which was used to boil the broccoli)- 200 gm
Boiled Carrot purée- 200 gm
Mozzarella – 100 gm
Cheddar- 100 gm
Pepper – pinch (optional)
Mix the chopped pineapple into the boiled quinoa with some salt and a little bit of pepper (optional).
Grease a baking dish lightly with butter and Layer with half the quinoa and pineapple mixture.
Mix 1/3 cheese in the carrot and broccoli purée each and reserve the rest.
Spoon the broccoli mixture on top of the quinoa mixture, then the remaining quinoa on top, then the carrot mixture and finally top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes it in a hot oven at about 200°C till warm through and the cheese gets a nice color on top.
Sticky Soy Quinoa with Sesame & Garlic Scallions
- Quinoa – 60g
- Soy Sauce Dark 1 cup
- Lemon grass – 1 stick
- Thai chili – 1
- Ginger – 10g
- Corn flour – 30g
- Honey – 30ml
- Olive Oil – 50 ml
- Chopped garlic – 20g
- Thinly sliced Scallions – 30g
- Cooked Edmame beans– 10g
- Blanched Snow peas – 30g
- Sesame seeds to garnish.
- Cook the quinoa in stock and set aside.
- Add the chopped lemon grass, Thai chilli and ginger with a bit of water. Add corn flour mixed in water and bring to boil. Chill. Pass through a sieve.
- Slightly sauté the scallions in butter with the chopped garlic & chill.
- Whisk it with a bit of olive oil and honey. Check seasoning.
- Fold in all the ingredients and drizzle with the dressing.
Plate it in a small round dish using a plating ring and garnish with cress and a drizzle of the dressing.