Aside from offering skincare and aesthetics treatments that can mitigate the side effects of the aging process, Euromed Clinic also boasts the UAE’s premier anti-aging medicine specialist. Read on to know more about it.
Named one of Arabian Business’ Smartest People in the UAE and a regular go-to expert for networks such as MBC, Dr. Hoda Makkawi is a consultant for a family medicine and integrative holistic medicine. A clinical associate professor of family medicine at Georgetown University Hospital, Dr Hoda uses the latest technologies and techniques, such as bio-identical hormone treatments, IV therapy and DNA sequencing technology to ensure her patients’ lives are healthier and that they are brimming with as much youthful energy as possible. The metabolic anti-aging programme she offers is a holistic approach to decelerate and even reverse the impact of aging. It helps lose weight, improves aged appearance, balances hormones, enhances sexual functions, and supports gut health.
We sat down with this renowned medical expert to find out her top five wellness tips to ensure you age fantastically well.
- Embrace a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being: I really believe that it is only through looking at and treating the person as a whole – mind, body and spirit – that complete wellness can be achieved. What this will look like for one person will differ from another and so it is vital that each individual has a thorough consultation with a holistic medicine expert to discuss their current lifestyles, including work patterns, stressors, family life, as well as diet/exercise and relaxation so that the doctor can help put measures in place to restore a sense of balance.
- Establish a wellness programme that you can follow: This is extremely important if you want to maintain your youth and health. It’s important to learn how to eat mindfully and to understand what a healthy diet includes and the youthful benefits it offers your body internally and externally. This can be supplemented by IV nutrition therapy, liver detoxification and cleansing programmes under medical supervision. In tandem with this, should be an exercise routine and meditation programme to help with physical and mental health.
- Check your weight: As you age, weight gain is expected but you should follow medical guidance about what your healthy weight is as this will prevent inflammation and chronic diseases. There are multiple medical interventions you can have to assist with this. These include:
a. Genetic testing – this will give you an exact guide as to the right foods you should be eating for your unique genetic makeup.
b. Medical treatments such as Lipotropic injections, which are natural injections that help to increase metabolic rate and burn fat.
c. Early screening using holistic parameters can help identify susceptibility to certain diseases.
- Take measures to reverse diseases, which are caused by chronic inflammation. For instance:
a. Insulin resistance can be managed by following a healthy diet, increasing exercise, and using herbal supplements.
b. Thyroid Inflammation (Thyroiditis) can be treated by supporting the normal function and the adrenal gland.
c. Autoimmune Diseases can be managed by healing gut issues such as leaky gut syndrome, by undertaking intravenous (IV) nutrition therapy, intravenous (IV) antioxidant treatment or by adopting Bioidentical Hormones therapy.
5. Explore DNA Healing Therapy. The telomere is a region of repetitive DNA sequences at the end of a chromosome and as you age it can become shortened, which can lead to diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, dementia, and liver disease. NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) IV Therapy is based on a co-enzyme that is found naturally in your body that is charged with repairing and restoring the functionality of the body and mind. This reverse aging therapy offers multiple benefits including DNA repair and boosting the metabolism, which in turn can mitigate a host of symptoms such as chronic fatigue, memory loss, wight gain, muscle pain, joint pain and sleep disturbance. It’s little wonder it’s dubbed a miracle treatment!