Neal’s Yard Remedies is a brand that needs little introduction. From its humble beginnings in a small corner of Covent Garden, London in 1981, the brand is now much loved and coveted globally with its modern apothecary approach to health and beauty. They are the UK’s first certified organic health and beauty company, offering natural ingredients alongside cutting-edge innovation with each and every product ethically and sustainably sourced. Their easily identifiable blue glass bottles are synonymous with the brand and not only look amazing on your bathroom shelves, they also protect against sunlight and help to preserve the precious natural ingredients within. In addition, they can also be recycled and repurposed after use. Their ethically sourced herbs, botanicals and essential oils are expertly handcrafted with a potent blend of love, science and nature. As the brand celebrates 40 years, we bring you the top products for summer care and wellness.
During the UAE summer most people stay indoors due to the heat outside and thus, our skin suffers from a lot of dryness and dehydration due to the constant AC.
- Staying continuously in the AC can cause dehydration of the skin – drink lots of water to keep hydrated!
- Sunscreen is absolutely important to protect from the harsh UV rays from the sun. Add in dust and sweat and our skin can clog and cause high sensitivity and acne.
- Exfoliate the skin at least twice a week to remove pollution and excess of sebum. Very dry skin can be exfoliated , however every day is not recommended as it will take away the natural moisture of the skin.
- Facial mist is a top favorite for us as it can be used every time the skin feels dehydrated. (Frankincense Mist is the perfect one).
3 product recommendation for healthy radiant skin:
- Wild Rose Beauty Balm can be used in many ways including cleansing, as a mask and for exfoliating.
- Wild Rose Beauty Serum is a water based serum with hyaluronic acid and turmeric for radiant glowing skin and Rosehip which is rich in omega 3-6-9.
- Rose Facial Oil is a good additional treatment for loss of moisture and Damask Rose can help give glowing and radiant skin.
Tips for Taking Care of Sensitive Skin with Top 3 Recommended Products
Tip 1 – Due to sensitivity of the skin sometimes using water can cause a reaction on the skin. Try to use cleanser or micellar water that doesn’t require water to cleanse.
Tip 2 – Never skip hydrating your skin, even if you sometimes encounter sensitivity. The solution is to make sure your moisturizer is fragrance free and alcohol free. The same applies to your cleanser and micellar water as alcohol can trigger sensitivity of the skin.
Tip 3 – Another tip when doing your weekly skincare treatments: Exfoliation and Mask. Make sure to use a very gentle exfoliator because sensitive skin is very delicate, and scrubbing can remove the natural moisture.
Our top 3 products:
- Comfort and Hydrate Micellar Water or our Starflower Cleansing Milk. Both do not require water and are alcohol free and fragrance free.
- Restore and Smooth Serum or Starflower Daily Essence. Both are alcohol free with hyaluronic acid (contains Borage for moisture and strengthening).
- Replenish and Balance Moisturizer or Starflower Daily Moisture. Again this is alcohol free, fragrance free and both contain Borage and Calendula with anti-inflammatory and strengthening properties).
Products that can help boost wellbeing and immunity while at home.
Here are some aromatherapy oils that can be used at home to boost the immune system as well as ways to use it: Lemon, Rosemary , Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lemongrass, Peppermint and Sandalwood.
What are the different ways to use it?
- Diffusing – Inhaling the beautiful scent helps to boost our immune system and also helps to cleanse the air that we breathe.
- Blending with a carrier oil – 60% to 80% of the products we put on our skin go into our body. Use our Aromatherapy Oils as a massage or body oil.
- Bath – Add a few drops of your desired essential oil in warm water.